Censorship

This MSNBC Host’s ugly sex scandal could be the final nail in his career’s coffin

MSNBC hosts and guests routinely smear Donald Trump with false allegations of sexual assault and misconduct.

But now those chickens are coming home to roost.

And this MSNBC Host’s ugly sex scandal could be the final nail in his career’s coffin.

Journalist Laura Bassett authored an essay for GQ where she publicly admitted for the first time that MSNBC Hardball host Chris Matthews made sexually inappropriate remarks around her in the makeup room before one of her appearances on Hardball and that Matthews’ comments affected her job performance.

Bassett wrote:

In 2016, right before I had to go on his show and talk about sexual-assault allegations against Donald Trump, Matthews looked over at me in the makeup chair next to him and said, “Why haven’t I fallen in love with you yet?”

When I laughed nervously and said nothing, he followed up to the makeup artist. “Keep putting makeup on her, I’ll fall in love with her.”

Another time, he stood between me and the mirror and complimented the red dress I was wearing for the segment. “You going out tonight?” he asked.

I said I didn’t know, and he said—again to the makeup artist—“Make sure you wipe this off her face after the show. We don’t make her up so some guy at a bar can look at her like this.”

Bassett noted accusations of Matthews’ demeaning treatment of women dogged the MSNBC host for years.

MSNBC responded by benching Matthews for the network’s coverage of the South Carolina primary.

If these accusations continue to pick up steam MSNBC could sideline Matthews permanently.

1. Ken

March 2, 2020 at 4:20 pm

I am not sure these comments qualify as sexual harassment. They are incredibly stupid, but not threatening. You have to factor in that Mathews is a complete social moron and is considered incapable of saying anything intelligent, so he likely was just groping for something to say and that was the best he could do.

2. Edouard d'Orange

March 2, 2020 at 4:20 pm

Chrissy, what a biased hack you are and now we know you are a sexist pig. True demorat to the core.

3. Jorg Aadahl

March 2, 2020 at 4:22 pm

Oh, what a big deal! Compare those innocent little remarks with Trump’s rape allegations and prostitute payoffs!

4. Spike

March 2, 2020 at 4:25 pm

As with all the garbage about Joe Biden, nothing that I have read about Chris Matthews would constitute “Sexual Harassment”! Good grief, if an awful lot of the male population just relaxed and talked around or to women the way they talk to each other, they would all wind up fired. Women “SAY” they want to treated “just like men” – but that is the biggest lie of all!!

5. Mark

March 2, 2020 at 4:25 pm

really???…REALLY!!?? This woman needs to get a life. When they were handing out thick skin when she was growing up, she obviously refused any! They may have been lousy lines, but if the guy didn’t actually physically assault her or force himself on her against her wishes,…if it was just a few bad lines and he walked away, then she needs to move on with her life and stop being a victim!

6. Darby O'Gill

March 2, 2020 at 4:46 pm

She’s been hired to help get rid of Matthews because of his criticism of the Democrat’s shaky situation regarding the 2020 election. How dare he compliment her red dress…wow…what a cad! (sarc off)

7. June Hrbacek

March 2, 2020 at 4:51 pm

What am I missing here? I don’t see any sexual harassment. You can’t say anything to anybody anymore without them taking it the wrong way.

8. Will Triebel

March 2, 2020 at 5:03 pm

Kind of surprising, I figured Matthews probably had his bed surrounded by pictures of Obama. Guess the thrill is gone.
    They have such snowflake ‘reporters’ nowadays, though.

9. Lfty64

March 2, 2020 at 5:06 pm

I am not a Chris Matthews fan, but these allegations are ridiculous. They seem more like complements than insults. Would she have rather he called her “a lying dog faced pony soldier”? Hmmmm sound familiar? I am also not a Mike Bloomberg fan, but telling a joke that may be in bad taste is not sexual harassment. All you should do is say “I don’t find your joke funny but I do find it offensive” Call him an A-hole if you want, but it is not sexual harassment. People like this take away from the real cases and harm of sexual harassment.

10. Tom

March 2, 2020 at 5:14 pm

What’s the big deal? These are absolutely required comments just to join the Democratic Party.

11. SR WILLIAMS

March 2, 2020 at 5:46 pm

Sorry as much as I cannot stand matthews… with the tingle down his leg…. This woman needs a tougher skin. This is just a smart allect mouthing off. Of course who would have heard of her if she hadn’t made this “charge”.

12. Paul Otts

March 2, 2020 at 5:47 pm

I don’t know a single woman who would be so mousy as to keep silent if someone said those things to them. Most would verbally return as given and one or two would punch him into the next room!

13. Carol Dugan

March 2, 2020 at 5:56 pm

Some days when I worked I would dress a little nice and my boss would tell me I look real pretty. I did not give it another thought and took it as a nice comment. He was a good man and was a good man to his great wife. Of course he did not go around and give fake news like Matthews and all the reporters at CNN does. They all should be fired and CNN should get off the air.

14. DD

March 2, 2020 at 6:06 pm

Well I sure don’t care for anyone on MSNBC or CNN so best of luck in making both of them go out of business as I am 100% behind that endeavor! Keep up the GOOD WORK!

15. Rose P

March 2, 2020 at 6:22 pm

Never could stomach Mathews, he is nothing but a gossip monger & the few times I tried to listen to him I found him obnoxious, insulting, ignorant, extremely biased & unfit to give news or anything else.

16. laughin atyou

March 2, 2020 at 7:31 pm

Another Liberal / Democrat another scandal. We see one of these every damn day. while these sleazy scam ridden Liberals / Democrats love to point fingers at other people they clearly are continuously involved in scandals involving sexual misconduct, sex slaves, sex islands, murder, rape, financial misdeeds, influence peddling, sexting, bribery, etc..

I guess we know what that thrill up his leg was? Liberals / Democrats just just plain immoral people and should not be allowed to vote.

17. Judy Dodson

March 2, 2020 at 8:08 pm

Honestly, I do not care for chris Matthews at all, but I think this sexual harassment being claimed by Laura Basset is grossly blown out of proportion. It does not seem like harassment to me at all. I think it was more of a pathetic attempt at flirting on Matthews part. Inappropriate, yes–but I do not think his feeble flirting is anything more than a very poor attempt for her to notice him. She is alleging something that seems unfounded to me and perhaps she needs to learn how to tell the difference between a compliment (by someone who is not saavy) and true harassment. I do not think this was even remotely harassing and I do not think Chris Matthews meant it as anything but a compliment.

18. Bob

March 2, 2020 at 8:19 pm

Mathews, just a silly, stupid hack. That’s all! Ignore him like the majority of smart people do.

19. Alfred Rodino

March 2, 2020 at 8:42 pm

As much as I have no use for Mathews this is stupid and at what point do people stand up and say enough is enough. I will be chastised for this but here goes Women or whatever sex you want to be wish to be on a equal plane with the evil males but they don’t want to play by the same rules. Why should the rules be changed or the standards diminished just because they might offend someone. That was not the case before and the weak society we now live in will be our ultimate downfall. I know plenty of tough women and gays and trans that can play the game but we now have to beg forgiveness because we are crass or hurt your feelings,no I think not but until we say enough is enough this will only get worse

20. marleen davis

March 2, 2020 at 10:02 pm

Pretty amusing comments. The conservative, independent comments seem to think these comments by Matthews to be inane and unimportant but the one comment from a liberal seems to take the liberal to the other end of the spectrum where he or she has a hissy fit and says it is nothing to compare to what Trump has done (which we all know is nothing but made up rhetoric). But that liberal sure believes what he hears/reads from the left. So many tales and falsities and lies spread to hurt the others. So much hate for the pure hate from these greedy lefties.

21. Waka

March 2, 2020 at 11:02 pm

This is the Laura Bassett who has called President Donald John Trump a liar? I have no sympathy for her and if a guy complimenting her “red dress” is a sexist attack then I know I am right in suspecting ill of her in her rash assessment of the president of these united states. May I suggest don’t wear red if you are not trying to make a statement, sexy or not? Hiding behind the title journalist in order to smear a hard working political leader is the lowest form of cowardice I can think of .. lime green dress would suit her character much better methinks.

22. Tom Atoes

March 2, 2020 at 11:55 pm

I despise matthews…and everyone else at that toilet…but if the remarks in this piece are as bad as it gets…I see nothing “sexually inappropriate” about them…the scum-bag matthews was flirting…if she didn’t like it, the woman should have told him to get lost…she apparently was not alone with him…

23. Jono

March 3, 2020 at 4:45 pm

Poor idiotic young people…. normal people used to call that flirting…….l

24. Lyudmila Loeva

March 3, 2020 at 6:27 pm

Compliments for the feminists “Me Too” is certainly very good, but the place of the host of the program Chris Matthews is still better. Which of “Me Too” will now become Chris Matthews?

25. Louis

March 4, 2020 at 1:12 am

Amazing that you can lie in every broadcast. Not provide an opposing view. But say something about a woman and you get canned. MSNBC lying as usual.

26. Christophe

March 8, 2020 at 10:16 pm

Mathews really was something before
    the best of him ran down his leg!

27. Tom

March 8, 2020 at 10:23 pm

He needs to be a Friend of Bill again.

28. Crazy Elf

March 8, 2020 at 10:48 pm

Everyone here basically said what I’d have said.

29. Eliot

March 8, 2020 at 10:52 pm

Laura Bassett is easy on the eyes! I want to take her panties off and boink her!

30. wil delito

March 8, 2020 at 11:06 pm

DON’T SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH COMPLIMENTS, OTHER COMMENTS SEEM SNARKY. I SHOULD BE IN JAIL AS I COMPLIMENT WOMEN IF THEY LOOK NICE.WHAT’S THE SENSE OF LOOKING NICE IF PEOPLE DON’T NOTICE?

March 9, 2020 at 12:33 am

The air smells better for Chris Matthews to not be on it.

32. CHRIS KELLY

March 9, 2020 at 1:36 am

HE did not RETIRE. he was kicked to the curb. 45 years as a tv drunk and pervert was enough. If it was not for TIP O’neill’s people he was gone long ago. DRUNKED PERVERT GOES DOWN.

33. Tony Winters

March 9, 2020 at 6:18 am

Stop wasting space and internet bandwidth with these stupid stories. When this clown is charged with a crime then post it. Who really gives a damn what happens to these people. They have been feeding the American People lies since even before President Trump was even selected as the Republican Candidate.

34. 2WarAbnVet

March 9, 2020 at 10:57 pm

Actually, those comments were pretty innocuous, much like Matthews himself.

35. Katie

March 15, 2020 at 10:08 pm

This story is SO OLD. He wad fired over a week ago!!

36. DonRS

March 15, 2020 at 10:21 pm

I’m no fan of Chris Matthews, but this is simply an outrageous. The @MeToo crowd had now gone batsh*t crazy! Maybe she would have been happier if Matthews had caller her an “ugly old BITTY” she would be so much happier. After all, she’s a liberal!

37. WhiteFalcon

March 15, 2020 at 11:17 pm

This is March 15th. This happened two weeks ago and Matthews is gone. It would be nice if you folks put current events out instead of ancient history.

38. Paula J

March 16, 2020 at 12:08 am

This is as bad as Anita Hill’s attack on Clarence Thomas. These women don’t know what sexual harassment is.

March 16, 2020 at 2:23 am

I do not know which women reported Chris Matthews for harassment, but they have done all Americans a great service. The air smells better with that stinking liar no longer broadcasting.

40. Jim1937

March 16, 2020 at 1:24 pm

Damn, I’m going to miss his peeing down his leg.

41. . Spike

March 16, 2020 at 6:29 pm

I think my comments disappear from this site. But, I do not Think anything I have ever heard that Chris Matthews is considered guilty of constituted anything like harassment!! However, the chickens come home to roost because Chris went along with all of this metoo stuff. Accusations from long ago where a man can in no way defend himself and law suits made and settled in the suer’s favor of “15 years of sexual harassment and an “unwanted” sexual relationship by a woman who was an Attorney and a successful novelist. If you don’t speak out against such nonsense you are liable to be the next one bitten.

42. todd

March 21, 2020 at 10:58 pm

Whats the latest on the pedophile accusations?

Censorship

You won’t believe what The View wants to do to Tucker Carlson and Tulsi Gabbard

The war in Ukraine has sparked a global crisis with many devastating consequences.

Worse yet, the war propaganda coming from the so-called “mainstream” media is appalling.

And you won’t believe what The View wants to do to Tucker Carlson and Tulsi Gabbard.

The Democrat Media Complex and the warmongers of both parties are itching for escalation in the war in Ukraine.

On the Left, Congressman Eric Swalwell floated the idea of expelling Russian students from the country.

Neoconservatives on the Right like Adam Kinzinger – whose Congressional district was gerrymandered out of existence by Illinois Democrats – wants a no-fly zone over Ukraine, and Senator Lindsey Graham called for someone in the Russian government to assassinate Vladimir Putin.

People who are calling for peace and don’t want to see brinkmanship with a nuclear power, and people who are pushing back against dangerous war propaganda have been labeled “collaborators,” and even “traitors.”

Such is the case with Fox News host Tucker Carlson and former Hawaii Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard.

That’s why the harpies on The View want Carlson and Gabbard investigated and arrested by the Department of Justice.

So-called “Republican” Ana Navarro, who hasn’t espoused a real conservative opinion in a decade, argued, “I think DOJ (Department of Justice) in the same way it is setting up a task force to investigate oligarchs, should look into people who are Russian propagandists and shilling for Putin.”

The establishment is so hot for war, combating propaganda and resisting American involvement is somehow tantamount to “shilling for Putin.”

Whoopi Goldberg got in on the act and said, “They used to arrest people for doing stuff like this. If they thought you were colluding with a Russian agent. If they thought you were putting out information or taking information and handing over to Russia. They used to actually investigate stuff like this.”

Goldberg’s statement is mind-blowing considering she was highly critical of the Hollywood blacklist of the past.

There were communists in the State Department, media, entertainment, and academia that were actually collaborating with the Soviet Union, and the Left believed the McCarthy Era was the worst thing that ever happened in America.

It’s impossible to oppose McCarthyism and call for Carlson and Gabbard to be investigated and arrested.

There is no way that the panelists of The View would have been on board with arresting people who opposed the Vietnam War.

Carlson, who has the top rated show in cable news, is probably the strongest anti-war voice on television.

And Gabbard, a former Army reserve officer, became persona non grata for her anti-war positions.

The ladies of The View and the Left more broadly are exposing themselves to be authoritarians.

Pants on Fire Official Polling

Censorship

One journalist’s lawsuit could end Big Tech censoring conservatives

Social media companies suppressing conservative speech is getting out of hand.

Now someone is fighting back.

And one journalist’s lawsuit could end Big Tech censoring conservatives.

Twitter banned former New York Times reporter Alex Berenson for supposedly spreading “misinformation” about the coronavirus vaccine.

Berenson’s “crime” was posting that the COVID vaccine did not stop transmission of the virus.

In Berenson’s lawsuit, the former New York Times reporter argues that his comments were objectively true.

Berenson also cites California law, which defines common carriers as a platform that “offers to the public to carry persons, property, or messages.”

This argument could prove vital as Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas hinted in an April opinion that Big Tech companies fall under the definition of a common carrier like the phone or mail company, which would limit the ability of Big Tech to censor speech.

Berenson also argued that Twitter acted as an agent of the government to censor his speech, citing Twitter banning Berenson shortly after Joe Biden called on Big Tech companies to censor “misinformation” about the coronavirus.

“The extraordinarily close nexus between the July 2021 statements by senior executive branch officials—including President Biden himself—calling for censorship by such companies and Twitter’s corresponding immediate actions against Mr. Berenson,” the lawsuit added.

There is already established case law that the government cannot pressure private companies to carry out actions that would be unconstitutional if the government performed them.

That argument – as well as the common carrier contention – lays out two legal paths for Berenson to argue his case and potentially find a receptive audience at the Supreme Court.

Conservatives waited for years for a manner in which to secure legal recourse to Big Tech’s ideologically motivated censorship.

Thanks to Berenson’s lawsuit and Big Tech’s overreach, they may have finally found a silver bullet.

Censorship

Big Tech is trying to censor one undeniable truth about the COVID vaccine

Social media censorship is out of control.

Ever since the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic, Big Tech began banning users for posting true information.

And now Big Tech is trying to censor one undeniable truth about the COVID vaccine.

According to a new policy implemented by Twitter, the social media platform can now impose penalties up to a permanent suspension for posting that a vaccinated individual can spread COVID.

“When Tweets include misleading information about Covid-19, we may place a label on those tweets that includes corrective information about that claim,” Twitter’s policy reads. “We may apply labels to Tweets that contain, for example . . . false or misleading claims that people who have received the vaccine can spread or shed the virus (or symptoms, or immunity) to unvaccinated people.”

At the start of the pandemic, social media platforms banned users for posting that the virus likely escaped from a lab in Wuhan, China.

Now Twitter is threatening to ban anyone for posting truthful information about vaccinated individuals still being able to spread COVID.

Twitter’s new policy runs contrary to Centers for Disease Control guidelines that state that “risk for SARS-CoV-2 infection in fully vaccinated people cannot be completely eliminated as long as there is continued community transmission of the virus.”

In addition, Nature.com reported on a study published in October, which showed that fully vaccinated individuals possessed a lower risk of spreading COVID, but that spread was still possible and the vaccine’s protection against spread waned over time.

“The authors found that although the vaccines did offer some protection against infection and onward transmission, Delta dampened that effect. A person who was fully vaccinated and then had a ‘breakthrough’ Delta infection was almost twice as likely to pass on the virus as someone who was infected with Alpha. And that was on top of the higher risk of having a breakthrough infection caused by Delta than one caused by Alpha,” Nature.com reported.

One reason so many people do not trust either the vaccines or the authorities promising the vaccines are safe and effective is because no one allows an honest discussion of the vaccines.

Any hint that the vaccines may not be 100% perfect is labeled as misinformation, a conspiracy theory or “anti-vaxx.”

But Twitter censoring people for posting an honest fact that vaccinated people – while at lower risk – can still spread the coronavirus leaves people with the impression that elite institutions have something to hide.

• This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.